FSSA Training Program Period 1
Period 1 includes all the course listings below.
- Company Policies
- This course will cover the core policies that most companies adhere to and that should be recognized in a work environment including appearance, chain of command, communication, tools, missing work, working hours, behavior and language, drug and alcohol testing and ethics.
- Company Vehicles
- This course outlines the use and installation of vehicles as they pertain to the installation and service of fire systems. This course will cover driving records, drug and alcohol testing, operator responsibilities, safe driving practices and U.S. Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) requirements.
- Basic Plans, Specifications & Standard Symbols
- This course will overview construction drawings, shop drawings, schematics, common drawing sizes and scales, details, standard symbols per NFPA 170 Fire Safety and Emergency Symbols, different drawing views, specifications and methods of specifying.
- Basic Electricity
- This course covers electrostatic basics, Ohm’s law, principals of current, charge, voltage, amperage and resistance as well as provides examples of different circuit types including series and parallel. This course also covers wiring, wire gauges and determining voltage drop calculations in practical applications including horn/strobe circuit configuration examples.
- Lock Out Tag Out
- Fall Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Confined Spaces
This multi-section course will go over various safety considerations and disciplines including lockout/tagout/tryout, fall protection, personal protective equipment and confined space awareness.
- Chemical Safety
This course will cover identifying hazardous chemicals, how hazardous chemical affect the body, what the different types of hazardous chemicals are, understanding product labels, understanding Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), and how to protect yourself from hazardous chemicals.
- Basic First Aid
- This course covers CPR Requirements, emergency planning procedures, precautionary measures when dealing with blood borne pathogens, understanding accidents versus incidents and accidental investigation and reporting procedures.
*You must be logged in to place the order at the member rate*