FSSA Training Program Period 3
Period 3 includes all the course listings below.
- Advanced Cylinder Handling Part #1
- This course will familiarize the student with identifying shipments that are hazardous, understand shipment documentation, understand the various shipping labels and markings, make determinations whether proper shipping containers are used or not and learn basic emergency response information.
- Advanced Cylinder Handling Part #2
- This course will familiarize the student with emergency response procedures in case of a shipment accident, drivers requirements when hauling hazardous materials, loading and unloading procedures, and security risks and procedures. This module also covers ATF requirements for handling and storage of explosives, when background checks are required, inventory control, record keeping, approved storage techniques, security requirements, controlling emissions of clean agents and the impact transporting these materials can have on the environment.
- CO2 System Safety
- This course will detail the safety risks and considerations when there is a potential for exposure to Carbon Dioxide Fire Suppression Systems. This course will go over the types of Carbon Dioxide suppression systems, the NFPA 12 Standard for Carbon Dioxide Systems safety precautions and requirements, safety devices, mechanisms and signage, defining applications and spaces as well as how to safely commission, test and inspect these systems.
- Detection Design Standard
- This course will describe the different design goals of detection systems including placement, spacing and locations for installation. This course will also define the roles of fire detection systems, technology selection criteria and fire detection design standards and practices.
- Electrical Code Requirements
- Arc Flash
This course covers what ARC flashes are, what kinds there are, how they happen and preventative safety measures. While we usually work with low-voltage fire alarm and suppression systems, this course describes the importance of being aware of your surroundings being mindful of work practices and recognizing when you are in an environment where arc flashes could occur. This course also covers NFPA 70E Requirements (Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace) as well as understanding approach boundaries, OHSA regulations and work permits.
- Materials and Components
This course will familiarize the system installer with the basic materials and methods used to install a piping network to deliver gaseous agent from the agent storage container(s) to the discharge nozzle(s). These include pipe and fitting types, guidelines for various agents and extinguishing technologies, pipe connections, pipe cleaning, pipe thread lubricant, pipe support systems, joint loops and seismic bracing.
- Piping Pressurization and Puff Testing
- This course will provide a review of the agent delivery piping installation, review of mechanical installation, safety procedures for pipe pressurization and puff tests, standards and requirements for clean agents (NFPA 2001) CO2 (NFPA 12) and water mist (NFPA 750) as well on how to fill out the proper documentation and forms for these two procedures.
- Special Hazards System Troubleshooting
- This course provides an in-depth look at the facets of special hazard system troubleshooting including understanding terms, acronyms and definitions, preparation, history and program review, how to identify possible causes of ground faults or troubles, tools and equipment used to aid in troubleshooting, using the divide and conquer method, repairing practices and testing procedures.
- Advanced Fire Alarm
- This course covers both code requirements and best practices for various detection methods including smoke, air sampling, video smoke and flame detection. This course is designed to familiarize the student in design practices, spacing, including those for high airflow environments, agent release requirements, alarm notification requirements including strobe synchronization and special requirements for CO2 and Halon 1301 Systems.
*You must be logged in to place the order at the member rate*